Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to get native NSView reference from SWT Composite(How to get native NSView reference from SWT Composite)
How to get native NSView reference from SWT Composite [message #821728] Thu, 15 March 2012 18:47 Go to next message
Brian McGann is currently offline Brian McGannFriend
Seems like this should be as straightforward on OSX as it is on Windows (and I bet it is), but for the life of me I can't find a way to get a native reference to the native NSView associated with an SWT Composite. Said another way, how do I get access to the native NSView on OSX like "int hWnd = compositeInstance.handle;" on Windows?

Thanks,

Brian
Re: How to get native NSView reference from SWT Composite [message #824026 is a reply to message #821728] Mon, 19 March 2012 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
You are looking for Control.view. But as the javadoc says "This field is not intended to be referenced by clients".

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: How to get native NSView reference from SWT Composite [message #824269 is a reply to message #824026] Mon, 19 March 2012 13:17 Go to previous message
Brian McGann is currently offline Brian McGannFriend
Thanks, but my understanding is that Control.view is an instance of org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSView, but what I'm trying to find out is how that relates to the native pointer to the actual native NSView.

Brian
Previous Topic:Getting Browser to work in Arch Linux
Next Topic:SWT: after creating Shell isDisposed is true
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:12:15 GMT 2024