Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Property edition not supported in Profiles ?(Property Class Profile Stereotype)
Property edition not supported in Profiles ? [message #814678] Tue, 06 March 2012 19:07 Go to next message
Stéphane Le Minoux is currently offline Stéphane Le MinouxFriend
Dear All,
I've been defining in another tool a Profile with a Stereotype S containing a Property of Class C which has two properties that are simple types (String and int).

When I apply the profile to a model, everything seems OK, however, whenever I want to apply the stereotype and define my Property of Class C, it fails editing the subproperties. As a result I cannot use Papyrus to edit such model.

Is it planned to support such constructions ?
How could I handle this kind of Profile Application with Papyrus ?

Regards,
--
Stéphane
Re: Property edition not supported in Profiles ? [message #815108 is a reply to message #814678] Wed, 07 March 2012 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

It is not possible to create Classes in a UML Profile with Papyrus. However, for a simple case such as yours, you could use a Datatype instead. You could also use another Stereotype, although the behavior would not be exactly the same.

If you don't want to modify your profile, it might be possible to implement your own property view to handle this case (Which cannot be handled by the generic one).

There's currently no plan for supporting this kind of Profile in Papyrus (Neither for defining it nor editing a model on which it is applied).

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Property edition not supported in Profiles ? [message #816378 is a reply to message #815108] Thu, 08 March 2012 19:38 Go to previous message
Stéphane Le Minoux is currently offline Stéphane Le MinouxFriend
Thanks for this quick answer.
I'll try using a DataType instead, and indeed another stereotype would'nt be applicable to the context.

I think it's a shame not to have a reflective editor for such cases in order to enable profiled uml2 direct edition for a tree structure of stereotyped information.

Where could I find some pointers on implementing my own property view to handle this case ?

Regards,
--
Stéphane
Previous Topic:MARTE Elements in editor
Next Topic:How can i link between 2 class diagrams?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:18:44 GMT 2024