Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSDT Team
JSDT Team [message #814597] Tue, 06 March 2012 16:47 Go to next message
John Brinnand is currently offline John BrinnandFriend
Hey Guys,

I know it's not customary to have topics that are not problems, but I wanted to let the JSDT team know that this project and it's approach are - to my mind - critically important. For too long javascript has been the red-headed orphan step child of the development world. And it is great that someone recognizes that it plays an increasingly large role in web application development - and is doing something about it. Even if we look at the JS editor and it's current capabilities - it is very helpful. It will save countless browser refreshes and evals - scrubbing out syntax errors.

My wishlist (which is still growing) includes the capability of launching Firefox from the IDE and driving my tests and application code from eclipse.

In the meantime - thanks for the new capabilities. They raise the bar for JS development, which is desperately needed for rich web applications.

Regards,

John
Re: JSDT Team [message #816442 is a reply to message #814597] Thu, 08 March 2012 21:40 Go to previous message
David Vree is currently offline David VreeFriend
I'd like to second those thoughts. Given all of Adobe's waffling with Flash, my company has decided to dump Flex for straight Javascript/HTML5 for our enterprise web applications. I have to say that I miss some of the more structured, Java-like tools that came with Flex. Many thanks to those who are working on this however....it really is a critical area for the future.
Previous Topic:jsp for bpel project
Next Topic:May i ask a question related to the Eclipse Java EE IDE Indigo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:27:50 GMT 2024