Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Array Variable record(Array Variable record does not allow editable view of data)
Array Variable record [message #807176] Sun, 26 February 2012 03:57 Go to next message
Karthik Sevugarathinam is currently offline Karthik SevugarathinamFriend
Hi,

In the EDT tutorial "http//wiki.eclipse.org/EDT:Tutorial:_RUI_With_DataBase_Lesson_4", the 'allPayments' field is being defined with properties Array and the widget is chosen to be 'Read Only'. I had tried changing the widget type to be 'combination of read only and editable area' but it does allow me to define widget type for each and every variable selected i.e similar to how 'selectedPayment' field have been defined. I am not sure if it has something to do with properties of 'Array'.

Ideally i am looking to design a list of records being displayed with few of the fields editable and also should allow widget types of combo box for 1 or 2 of the fields.Thanks

Regards,
Karthik

Re: Array Variable record [message #808683 is a reply to message #807176] Tue, 28 February 2012 02:28 Go to previous message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for using the EDT...

Currently the wizard still not allow you to select the widget type. You can open an enhancement if it's important for you.

Also, you can take a look at the blog - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/3e2b35ae-d3b1-4008-adee-2b31d4be5c92/entry/an_introduction_to_datagrid?lang=zh for how to manually add a editable column for the datagrid.

Rocky
Previous Topic:Debugging ROCKS!!!!
Next Topic:EDT default schema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:19:21 GMT 2024