Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] Compiling ATL files to ASM in build system(Using Tycho headless builds)
[ATL] Compiling ATL files to ASM in build system [message #803569] Tue, 21 February 2012 14:16
Anders Olsson is currently offline Anders OlssonFriend
Hi,

we have Eclipse Plugins that contain ATL code. To be able to run these, they need to be compiled into the ASM format. ASM files are a derivative compiled format, and hence they're not normally checked into the Version control system (at least we don't). When checking out these projects and building them with Tycho/Maven outside of Eclipse, the ASM files are not built. I guess neither Tycho nor Maven has any concept of ATL file being source files.

How best to handle this situation? I'm not sure packaging your ATL code into Bundles is the most common thing to do, but surely not unheard of. Is it best to handle the ASM files as source, and check them into the Version control system (though we've sometimes seen problem doing that, where they have not been updated when the ATL files has changed), or is there some way of compiling them externally? I guess the most proper way of doing it would be a Maven plugin specifically for the purpose, but that seems like overkill.

Best Regards,

Anders

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2012 12:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[ATL] Transform to unknown target element
Next Topic:[qvto]how to transform undefined attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 02:47:43 GMT 2024