Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » EJB Timer Service is not available when deploying on WAS 7
EJB Timer Service is not available when deploying on WAS 7 [message #802521] Mon, 20 February 2012 03:57 Go to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Hi,

I successfully deploy/updated our carnot-engine.jar using IBM federation. No issues were reported during deployment but during startup but I'm encountering this error below. I saw that there were no changes on the JNDI names and references so I just go ahead using our old descriptor.

[2/16/12 17:58:25:866 SGT] 00000026 EJBMDOrchestr E   CNTR0080E: EJB Timer Service is not available for EJB implementing the javax.ejb.TimedObject interface: ag.carnot.workflow.ejb.beans.LocalForkingServiceImpl.
[2/16/12 17:58:25:869 SGT] 00000026 EJBContainerI E   WSVR0068E: Attempt to start EnterpriseBean symbols#carnot-engine.jar#ForkingService failed with exception: com.ibm.ejs.container.EJBConfigurationException: EJB Timer Service not available for TimedObject EJB: ag.carnot.workflow.ejb.beans.LocalForkingServiceImpl
                at com.ibm.ws.metadata.ejb.EJBMDOrchestrator.processTimeoutMetaData(EJBMDOrchestrator.java:6679)
                at com.ibm.ws.metadata.ejb.EJBMDOrchestrator.finishBMDInit(EJBMDOrchestrator.java:1488)
                at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.finishDeferredBeanMetaData(EJBContainerImpl.java:5036)
                at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.initializeDeferredEJB(EJBContainerImpl.java:4845)
                at com.ibm.ejs.container.HomeOfHomes$1.run(HomeOfHomes.java:406)
                at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
                at com.ibm.ejs.container.HomeOfHomes.getHome(HomeOfHomes.java:403)
                at com.ibm.ejs.container.HomeOfHomes.getHome(HomeOfHomes.java:339)
                at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.getLocalHome(EJSContainer.java:1322)
at com.ibm.ejs.container.util.EJBLocalInterfaceObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(EJBLocalInterfaceObjectFactory.java:133)
Re: EJB Timer Service is not available when deploying on WAS 7 [message #802524 is a reply to message #802521] Mon, 20 February 2012 04:01 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Quote:
- CNTR0080E: EJB Timer Service is not available for EJB implementing the javax.ejb.TimedObject interface: {0}.

Problem

The specified EJB implementation requires the EJB Timer Service, which has either been disabled or failed to start.

User response

See previous messages to determine why the EJB Timer Service failed to start, and correct the problem or enable the EJB Timer Service.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com

It works now. I just regenerated the stubs and included the containsTimedObject=true properties.
Previous Topic:How to configure Data Source for Stardust pre-defined reports in Tomcat and MySQL environment
Next Topic:Does the document viewer use server-side or client-side rendering?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:44:27 GMT 2024