Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Identify list of jar files loaded by a classloader(list of jar files loaded by a classloader and the jar file name of a class in MAT)
Identify list of jar files loaded by a classloader [message #798863] Wed, 15 February 2012 06:52 Go to next message
Sivaswami Jeganathan is currently offline Sivaswami JeganathanFriend
Hi,

Lets say I am working on IBM & SUN DUMP. I want to identify the following
- List of jar files loaded by a specific classloader
- The jar filename of a specific class
Is there any option in MAT to identify this?
Thx in advance.
Re: Identify list of jar files loaded by a classloader [message #798910 is a reply to message #798863] Wed, 15 February 2012 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

I think that you can find some ideas about the subject in my blogpost: http://www.bonitasoft.org/blog/eclipse/an-effective-way-to-fight-duplicated-libs-and-version-conflicting-classes-using-memory-analyzer-tool/

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team

[Updated on: Wed, 15 February 2012 08:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Identify list of jar files loaded by a classloader [message #799238 is a reply to message #798910] Wed, 15 February 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sivaswami Jeganathan is currently offline Sivaswami JeganathanFriend
Seems like your blog link lists only SUN JDK. There is no _context in IBM dump. I was able to notice parsedPath in classloader's attributes.
this parsedpath lists all the jar files loaded by the Classloader (I believe _context, parsedpath are internal implementations).
However, i couldn't find the specific jar file for the class I am searching for.
Can you help me here?

vmRef
classLoader
protectionDomain
classNameString
<constant pool[0]>
<constant pool[1]>
<constant pool[2]>
<constant pool[3]>

i don't see the jar file name in the constant pool either.
Re: Identify list of jar files loaded by a classloader [message #799245 is a reply to message #799238] Wed, 15 February 2012 16:46 Go to previous message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

effectively I have done it with Sun JVM.

_context is effectively implementation specific (this specific attribute is on URLClassloader only if I remember well). It means that you have to search in implementation of the Classloader how the reference to the jar is stored. In case, this information is not stored in the Classloader, I have no idea how to solve your issue (unless providing your own classloader implementation but it is clearly not a production solution)

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Previous Topic:Import Index Files?
Next Topic:J2RE 1.3.1 IBM AIX build ca131-20030618 DUMP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:02:34 GMT 2024