Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Website » Forums search suggestion
Forums search suggestion [message #797755] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:39 Go to next message
Roded Bahat is currently offline Roded BahatFriend
Hi,
As an Eclipse project adopter I spend quite a bit of my time mostly in few certain forums.
The useability of the forums search page would be quite better if the "Search in Forum" field would default to the forum from where the search link was clicked.
The amount of forums in the combo is staggering and going through it for every project specific search can be tiring.

Hope this is the right place..
Thanks,
Roded
Re: Forums search suggestion [message #1334597 is a reply to message #797755] Mon, 05 May 2014 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
You must be kidding. The usability of this forum is great.
That the seach form does not remember your current forum, and that you are forced to scroll over a select list with 230 options (yes, I counted them) is surely not a bug but a feature designed to give visibility to all Eclipse projects. Besides, it's great to have a control panel that lets you include your ICQ handle.

Leaving sarcastic mode, and leaving aside some current problems for logging in (and out) , I wonder if there are some plans to ditch this amateurish forum and migrate to some other system.
This is annoying and not adequate for the task.

Re: Forums search suggestion [message #1404349 is a reply to message #1334597] Thu, 31 July 2014 12:53 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Any suggestions?

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Whats up with news.eclipse.org?
Next Topic:How to update Eclipse ADT Bundle revision 22 to 23?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:23:06 GMT 2024