Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » jflex
jflex [message #794257] Thu, 09 February 2012 04:22 Go to next message
Seth Daniel is currently offline Seth DanielFriend
I'm working on building a compiler for a class and I'm trying to get JFlex working in Eclipse, but for some reason I can't seem to get the program to recognize JFlex. When I call Yylex eclipse tells me Yylex cannot be resolved to a type.

I've downloaded the latest JFlex file and extracted it in the source folder, since I thought that would be easiest, but it still didn't work. So I extracted JFlex to a different location and editted the java build path for this project. I clicked "Add External Class Folder..." and selected the jflex folder I extracted, but still no luck.

I know the code is good because I can run it using the make file provided on school computers with JFlex already installed and it compiles and runs fine. But for whatever reason I cannot get eclipse to recognize JFlex.

Has anyone used JFlex in eclipse and have some tips on how to get it to work? Is there an import statement I'm missing or something?
Re: jflex [message #794332 is a reply to message #794257] Thu, 09 February 2012 06:40 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Without knowing how you're calling Yylex, or what that actually is, all I can really say is to put your class in a package.

You might have better luck with the jflex-users mailing list. See http://jflex.de/mailing.html , as well as JFlex's documentation.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Servers view empty after adding a server
Next Topic:error interation between tomcat and eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:30:00 GMT 2024