Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » API for accessing MOF model
API for accessing MOF model [message #793586] Wed, 08 February 2012 10:10 Go to next message
Morten Krøyer is currently offline Morten KrøyerFriend
Hi all

I have taken over an old project that, among other things, is doing cross-reference analysis on EGL applications.
We would like that project to build on EDT by accessing the MOF model that is being build by the compiler. It seems, though, that the API for accessing that model has changed quite a lot (as could be expected Wink ). I can't seem to find any documentation on how to do it, though.
Basically I think it's just a M2M generator I'm writing.

Is there any documentation on the API at it's current state?
I know it is still subject to change untill 1.0 is released, but it would be usefull for me to educate myself on the principles and get started on the project, and changes to the API can probably be incorporated easily.

The application i have taken over tries to do:
<some initialization stuff>

rootDir = "C:\\EGL\\irOutput";
partName = "dk.mytestpackage.programs.pgm1.TestPgm1";

Part part;
	try {
		part = IRLoader.loadEGLPart(rootDir, partName, null);
<more stuff>

with the last line failing with a MofObjectNotFoundException.
I'm thinking that i probably don't want to use the loadEGLPart method anyway, since I don't want to access the EGL directly, but rather the MOF model. I've search the web-page and wiki for an API but haven't found anything.
Also I'm thinking that I want to access the EGLBin directory rather than the irOutput.

Thanks
Re: API for accessing MOF model [message #793882 is a reply to message #793586] Wed, 08 February 2012 17:54 Go to previous message
Paul Harmon is currently offline Paul HarmonFriend
Hi,

Unfortunatly, there is no documentation for that class (aside from the comments in the source itself). I tried running a simple test and was able to recreate the problems you experienced. Since our focus has been on the IDE, no testing has been done on this class in some time.

I was able to locate the cause of the problem and have checked a fix. You can check out the updated source for this class from the cvs repository (dev.eclipse.org), or pick up the next nightly build.

I believe that this is the API that you want to use. This method will return the EObject (mof model) that represents an EGL part.

The EGLBin directory is the IDE equivalent of the IROutput directory. There should be no problem with using the EGLBin directory of an EGL project as the input directory for this tool.

Paul
Previous Topic:Compatibility EDT versus RBDv8.0.1
Next Topic:Stakeholder Meeting - Wednesday, February 8, 10am EST
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:23:03 GMT 2024