Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Deploy plugin as a directory not as .jar
Deploy plugin as a directory not as .jar [message #790418] Sat, 04 February 2012 08:05 Go to next message
Hendrik Renken is currently offline Hendrik RenkenFriend
Hi,

i tried to google the question in the topic but all i could find was tutorials about the basics (installation and deployment).
I'd like to deploy a plugin that contains several .jars. Users should be able to install it through our update site.

The plugin provides a ClasspathEntry for a (custom) Java Library and consist of the jars mentioned above.
Now the Classpath-API expects absolute paths. That excludes referencing the jars inside a deployed jar.
Therefore now my question: Can i somehow deploy this plugin so that after installation the plugin lives inside the plugin-folder as a directory? I tried the different "Export Wizard" options but everytime it creates a jar which installs as a jar.
A workaround to this problem would be to extract the jar files into a temporary directory each time and reference them from there.

Regards
Hendrik
Re: Deploy plugin as a directory not as .jar [message #791502 is a reply to message #790418] Sun, 05 February 2012 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
See the "Eclipse-BundleShape" header at

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/bundle_manifest.html
Re: Deploy plugin as a directory not as .jar [message #791985 is a reply to message #790418] Mon, 06 February 2012 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
If you are exporting a single bundle (using PDE) you have the option to not package the plug-ins as individual JAR archives. When exporting deployable plug-ins and fragments look for the "Options" tab. On that tab there is an option that is selected by default to package the plug-ins as jars. Deselect this option and the bundle should be packaged as a directory.

Tom.
Re: Deploy plugin as a directory not as .jar [message #996563 is a reply to message #791985] Wed, 02 January 2013 11:41 Go to previous message
Hendrik Renken is currently offline Hendrik RenkenFriend
Thanks, that solved the problem.
Previous Topic:Building Update Site Problem
Next Topic:where is p2.director ant target defined?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:04:24 GMT 2024