Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » ViewStack overlap to the editor(Overlap ViewStack to the editor)
ViewStack overlap to the editor [message #788006] Wed, 01 February 2012 08:33 Go to next message
Elvie DSouza is currently offline Elvie DSouzaFriend
Hi,

I am developing an application with Eclipse as the target platform. I have to cater to a requirement in which the user can overlap a ViewStack(containing 2 views) to the editor. It is possible to overlap a single view by the showview() but I am just not able to get a stack to overlap with the editor (I have tried to use stack.setMinimised(false), but it is pinning to the editor, thereby reducing the editor area)

Pls help...

Thanks
Elvie
Re: ViewStack overlap to the editor [message #789083 is a reply to message #788006] Thu, 02 February 2012 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You want to make the view stack show over the editor area? Can you just minimize the editor stack? Or maximize the view stack will make the editor stack disappear.

PW

Re: ViewStack overlap to the editor [message #806015 is a reply to message #789083] Fri, 24 February 2012 12:32 Go to previous message
Elvie DSouza is currently offline Elvie DSouzaFriend
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I actually want a view stack to have a toggle behaviour like a view(It should not pin itself to the editor therby reducing the editor area).

I don't want the editor to disappear. Everytime the user clicks a particular button, the view stack from the left trimtoolbar should show & should overlap to the editor (clicking anywhere else shouyld make the viewstack disapper). I am able to achieve this with views :

((WorkbenchWindow) PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow()).getActiveWorkbenchPage().toggleFastView(<IViewReference Object>);

I am looking for a similar behaviour with view stacks.

Pls help..

Thanks in advance
Elvie
Previous Topic:Bug in FrameworkDebugOptions#setFile ?
Next Topic:Eclipse console and jline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 07:53:48 GMT 2024