Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo(Project created in Galileo won't run in Helios or Indigo)
Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778254] Thu, 12 January 2012 00:29 Go to next message
German Patino is currently offline German PatinoFriend
I have a Java project running on Eclipse Galileo, on Windows 7 32-bit. I installed Helios on the same machine and tried to run the existing project but I get the error: 'The project: Builder which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.. . The project runs fine in Galileo but not in Helios. Now I have a new computer running Windows 7, 64 bit. Installed Eclipse Indigo (64 bit) and copied the existing project files to the same location on new computer. After Eclipse Indigo starts I try to run the project and get the same error.

Do I need to create a new project instead of just manually copying the files? I need help to move existing projects from one version of Eclipse to another. Your assistance is appreciated.
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778267 is a reply to message #778254] Thu, 12 January 2012 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Clevery is currently offline Nick CleveryFriend
Hi, try to create a new project from existing source code, or import an existing project into workspace.
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778281 is a reply to message #778267] Thu, 12 January 2012 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Open Project->Properties->BuildPath and see if you could find out the exact classpath entry.
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778486 is a reply to message #778267] Thu, 12 January 2012 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, Nick. I tried creating a new project and then 'Import Projects into Workspace'. I get no errors starting Indigo, but when I try to run any of the configurations i get the error: 'Launching XXXXXX' has encountered a problem. The project: XXXXX which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.
I checked the Java Build Path and I don't have any entries under the Projects tab.

The message mentions the ClassPath. Could this be a problem in the CLASSPATH User Variable in Windows?
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778488 is a reply to message #778281] Thu, 12 January 2012 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, Satyam. I checked the Build Path and did not see anything. I have seen other posts where users are having problems when they move a project from one version of Eclipse (Galileo) to a newer one (Helios or Indigo).

In my case, I can run the project in Galileo, but not Helios or Indigo. I need to find out what needs to be different in the newer versions. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778489 is a reply to message #778488] Thu, 12 January 2012 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Look at the Launch Config (Run->Run Configurations page). On the Classpath tab for the launch config check to see if it is referencing another project.
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778493 is a reply to message #778281] Thu, 12 January 2012 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, Satyam. About the message...
The project: XXXXX which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

Where does the classpath reference the XXXXX project? There is a 'Classpath' tab under 'Run Configurations' can it be there?

Thanks again.
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #778506 is a reply to message #778489] Thu, 12 January 2012 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David, Thanks again for your comments. I checked and found a strange entry in the Classpath tab of Run Configurations. Under the 'User Entries' and under 'XXXX (default classpath)' There is a line item that has just an icon but no description next to it. When I compare it to the version that works (in Galileo), the same line item has a different icon with text next to it. I tried to correct it but could not edit or remove that item. I included a screenshot that shows the differences. See file attachments.

I think this may be the source of the error. Can you tell me how to correct it?

Thank you.

• Attachment: Doc1.docx
    (Size: 76.81KB, Downloaded 271 times)
Re: Moving from Galileo to Helios or to Indigo [message #780267 is a reply to message #778506] Tue, 17 January 2012 14:03 Go to previous message
Nick Clevery is currently offline Nick CleveryFriend
I took a look at the screenshot. Is Builder also a Java project? If so, you need to import that project into the same workspace as your current project. The icon without description text is due to Eclipse could not found the project.
Previous Topic:UML representation of eclipse
Next Topic:can find how to load Java API On Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:41:53 GMT 2024