Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Bug in org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf(Epsilon does not find a model type if it is registered via EPackage.Descriptor)
icon3.gif  Bug in org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf [message #776446] Sun, 08 January 2012 12:15 Go to next message
Andrey Skorikov is currently offline Andrey SkorikovFriend
Hello everyone,

we are using ETL in our project. However, i think there is a bug in org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf. I posted a bug report (id=353473, sorry i cannot post links) a long time ago, but it has not been resolved yet. We have a workarond fot it (patch is attached to the bug report), but it is a kind of nuisance for us. It would be great if someone could take a look at it and maybe integrate it, so we would not need to patch it anymore.

Best regards,
Andrey Skorikov
Re: Bug in org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf [message #776748 is a reply to message #776446] Mon, 09 January 2012 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Andrey,

Apologies for overlooking this. I've fixed this in the SVN and we'll release a new interim version within the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Bug in org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf [message #776803 is a reply to message #776748] Mon, 09 January 2012 09:50 Go to previous message
Andrey Skorikov is currently offline Andrey SkorikovFriend
Hi Dimitris,

thanks! Unfortunately, there are two more things i forgot to mention:

1. The method classForName(String, Registry) defined in AbstractEmfModel must be fixed too.

2. Due to lazy initialization of EPackages registered via EPackage.Descriptor the EPackage.Registry can be changed during iteration over it (calling getEPackage on EPackage.Descriptor causes the inialization of the EPackage, which then causes it to register itself at the registry). This will result in ConcurrentModificationExceptions thrown the fist time the registry is traversed in classForName(String, Registry). We have a workarond for this by simply iterating over a copy of the registry map. The patch is attached to this post.

Cheers,
Andrey
Previous Topic:EOL - Native calls to static Java members?
Next Topic:Feature xyz must be set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:34:16 GMT 2024