Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Problem with partial mirroring from update site that only contains packed bundles
Problem with partial mirroring from update site that only contains packed bundles [message #774861] Wed, 04 January 2012 19:49 Go to next message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
Hi,

I am trying to re-create the releases update site for the GEF project by using all the zipped update site bundles located on our update site (the GEF releases update site is missing some releases; the same holds for the aggregator sites, where 3.x.0 and 3.x.1 releases). To do so, I downloaded all GEF-Update-x.x.x.zip files and used the p2.mirror task as follows:

<p2.mirror>
<repository location="${target.site}" kind="M" />
<repository location="${target.site}" kind="A" />
<source>
<repository location="jar:file:/Users/nyssen/Workspaces/GEF/GEF_UPDATE_SITES/GEF-Update-3.4.2.zip!/" />
</source>
<iu id="org.eclipse.gef.all.feature.group" />
<slicingoptions followStrict="true" />
</p2.mirror>

<p2.mirror verbose="true" >
<repository location="${target.site}" kind="M" />
<repository location="${target.site}" kind="A" />
<source>
<repository location="jar:file:/Users/nyssen/Workspaces/GEF/GEF_UPDATE_SITES/GEF-Update-3.5.0.zip!/" />
</source>
<iu id="org.eclipse.gef.all.feature.group" />
<slicingoptions followStrict="true" />
</p2.mirror>

When using the GEF-Update-3.4.2.zip, which contains .jar as well as .pack.gz bundles within the plugin directory, everything works fine. For all later GEF update sites (e.g. GEF-Update-3.5.0.zip), the .zip file no longer contains the unpacked (.jar) bundles but only the packed ones and p2.mirror fails because it cannot locate the .jar files:

Artifact not found: jar:file:/Users/nyssen/Workspaces/GEF/GEF_UPDATE_SITES/GEF-Update-3.5.1.zip!/plugins/org.eclipse.draw2d.doc.isv_3.5.0.v20090422-2346.jar.
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.internal.repository.tools.tasks.MirrorTask.execute(MirrorTask.java:64)

Am I doing something wrong? If not, what could I do alternatively to achieve what I intend (i.e. produce a new p2 repo containing all GEF releases from 3.4.1 to 3.7.1 to replace our current update site) ?

Cheers,
Alexander
Re: Problem with partial mirroring from update site that only contains packed bundles [message #774912 is a reply to message #774861] Wed, 04 January 2012 22:35 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
OK, I figured out how to do it. Having extracted all update-zips and having used the jarProcessor to create the .jar files, I could use the p2.mirror application.
Previous Topic:Password Providers on the command line
Next Topic:P2 Update not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 01:10:16 GMT 2024