Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to change the size of the GUI elements (window/tab borders and buttons size)
How to change the size of the GUI elements (window/tab borders and buttons size) [message #772346] Thu, 29 December 2011 15:02 Go to next message
ysap ysap is currently offline ysap ysapFriend
The default Eclipse GUI is defined such that the graphic elements are pretty big. This means that the tabs and window borders, as well as the various buttons, take a considerable percentage of the Eclipse window real-estate area.

I normally work on an 1920x1200 monitor so it is not a big deal, but recently I had to present some work using a standard projector. C/C++ perspective was hard enough, but Debug perspective was unmanageable! There was almost no space for the actual contents as the screen was full with the GUI elements. I had to constantly change the tabs size to have some space in the view I wanted to examine.

How can I control the size of these GUI elements to reduce them to minimum?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 December 2011 15:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to change the size of the GUI elements (window/tab borders and buttons size) [message #772781 is a reply to message #772346] Fri, 30 December 2011 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
ysap Mising name wrote on Thu, 29 December 2011 10:02
The default Eclipse GUI is defined such that the graphic elements are pretty big.

I don't think that they are bigger than in other programs like Firefox for example.

Quote:

How can I control the size of these GUI elements to reduce them to minimum?

I think that it is not possible to change the size of Icons for example.

I would configure my own perspective in Eclipse and close all unimportant views and remove unimportant buttons from the toolbar:

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fconcepts-4.htm

You also could select smaller fonts:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-fonts.htm

Before you start a presentation switch to this optimised perspective first.

Regards,
Klaus

Re: How to change the size of the GUI elements (window/tab borders and buttons size) [message #774670 is a reply to message #772346] Wed, 04 January 2012 11:25 Go to previous message
Thibaut Caselli is currently offline Thibaut CaselliFriend
Maybe your problem comes from the Windows font size.
to change the font size go to :
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
Previous Topic:compiler becomes slower and slower
Next Topic:Global variable problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:59:52 GMT 2024