Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Missing "Struts and Springs" palette
Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #770984] Mon, 26 December 2011 01:28 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I'm trying to build some views for my RCP project, and would like to try a BoxLayout.
The problem is that there is no "Struts and Springs" palette anywhere, and no way to adjust the boxlayout!

How do I get this palette?
Re: Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #771012 is a reply to message #770984] Mon, 26 December 2011 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I would not recommend using BoxLayout under SWT/RCP. There are much better choices available.

BoxLayout is a native Swing layout that has only been partially ported to SWT (no SWT Box class, so no corresponding struts and springs).

Use SWT GridLayout (best choice) or FormLayout.
Re: Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #771016 is a reply to message #771012] Mon, 26 December 2011 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried GridLayout, but haven't succeeded in making it do what I want.
I have 2 Composites. I'd like one to be at the left, and the other to be at the right, both re-sizing width as needed depending on their contents.
Re: Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #771177 is a reply to message #771016] Mon, 26 December 2011 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depending on the content and exactly what you want to do, GridLayout will do that. You can try FormLayout as well.
Re: Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #771254 is a reply to message #771177] Mon, 26 December 2011 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm currently trying FormLayout. I think I have it working correctly, though the WindowBuilder GUI is being confusing.
When I click on one of the Composites that is in the form, all the alignment buttons show up on the tool bar - and ALL of them are disabled.
If I right-click on the composite, I can use the "Quick Constraints" popup menu, and those seem to work.
The documentation talks about a "Floating Layout Assistant" - which I have been unable to find.
Re: Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #771365 is a reply to message #771254] Tue, 27 December 2011 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are using FormLayout, I would recommend turning on Classic mode.

Unless you have two or more widgets selected, the alignment buttons will be disabled.

You need to click the Layout Assistant button http://code.google.com/javadevtools/wbpro/layoutmanagers/swt/images/assistant.gif to access the Floating Layout Assistant.

Re: Missing "Struts and Springs" palette [message #772009 is a reply to message #771016] Wed, 28 December 2011 19:37 Go to previous message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
See attached example with GridLayout.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:Window Builder has changed
Next Topic:Support for e4 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:16:08 GMT 2024