Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Javascript warning in IE8(Javascript warning in IE8)
Javascript warning in IE8 [message #767763] Sun, 18 December 2011 22:01 Go to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
When loading my RAP application (which was developed on 1.3, migrated to 1.4 and now going to 1.5) I get a javascript error. the application continues to function correctly as far as I can tell.

I have attached the error dialog and the generated JS file.
I'm using the 1.5M4 build.

I don't get this issue when loading the RAP workbench demo or controls demo.

The code on line 259 is the UICallback code. The UICallback functionality is working correctly as far as I can tell. It may be a syntax error on one of the UICallback responses and IE8 is just referencing the Processor.processMessage(b) call in the error message.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Re: Javascript warning in IE8 [message #767909 is a reply to message #767763] Mon, 19 December 2011 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Chris,
last week we fixed some typos in the UICallBack.js. Could you try the
latest nightly build? If the error persists, please create a snippet to
reproduce the error and open a bugzilla the track the progress on the issue.
[1] http://www.eclipse.org/rap/downloads/
Best,
Ivan

On 12/19/2011 12:01 AM, Chris wrote:
> When loading my RAP application (which was developed on 1.3, migrated to 1.4 and now going to 1.5) I get a javascript error. the application continues to function correctly as far as I can tell.
>
> I have attached the error dialog and the generated JS file.
> I'm using the 1.5M4 build.
>
> I don't get this issue when loading the RAP workbench demo or controls demo.
>
> The code on line 259 is the UICallback code. The UICallback functionality is working correctly as far as I can tell. It may be a syntax error on one of the UICallback responses and IE8 is just referencing the Processor.processMessage(b) call in the error message.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
Re: Javascript warning in IE8 [message #767932 is a reply to message #767909] Mon, 19 December 2011 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi Chris
I also ran into this problem. And found the source of it. I opened a bug for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367053

Greetings
Stephan
Re: Javascript warning in IE8 [message #767935 is a reply to message #767909] Mon, 19 December 2011 08:22 Go to previous message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi Chris
I also ran into this problem. And found the source of it. I opened a bug for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367053

Greetings
Stephan
Previous Topic:Focus events not fired from browsers
Next Topic:client/ server widgets synchronization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:21:31 GMT 2024