Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Object Oriented Programming with Eclipse(Creating classes and variables)
Object Oriented Programming with Eclipse [message #766994] Fri, 16 December 2011 20:08 Go to next message
Sarah  is currently offline Sarah Friend
So I'm still very new to Java and using Eclipse. I need help with something and I'm hoping someone can be of assistance. Here is what I am making:

An Animal class with a member variable called animalType that stores what kind of animal it is. There will also be a method called MakeSound() that returns a string that represents the sound the animal makes. Also need 4 classes derived from the Animal class that can make sounds. With this I'll also need another class named CallAnimal() that calls the MakeSound() method for each animal class and print out the animal sounds to a text file named AnimalSounds.txt

I understand how to create the class, but creating variables & methods in it is like reading German. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
Re: Object Oriented Programming with Eclipse [message #767139 is a reply to message #766994] Sat, 17 December 2011 05:40 Go to previous message
Javak  is currently offline Javak Friend
Hi Sarah,

It looks like you should learn Java from the beginning. You will learn how to write Java code with a simple text editor, then go advanced with Eclipse.
Things are pretty easy, as long as you really want to do some hand-ons, rather than asking questions over again and waiting for reply.

I hope you will try your best.
Previous Topic:Object Oriented Programming
Next Topic:Using eclipse for flex on java?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:22:09 GMT 2024