Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Paint over any control without interrupting dnd
Paint over any control without interrupting dnd [message #765063] Tue, 13 December 2011 10:48 Go to next message
Thomas Singer is currently offline Thomas SingerFriend
I want to provide a drag-and-drop feedback by drawing rectangular shapes on top of my components. I've tried it by showing a stippled Tracker from inside the DropTargetListener.dragOver, but it does not work, because the Tracker "hides" my controls regarding drop events. A plain PaintListener also does not work, because child controls will be painted over it. What else can I use to paint over my controls, similar to JFrame's glassPane?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Re: Paint over any control without interrupting dnd [message #766436 is a reply to message #765063] Thu, 15 December 2011 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible to show a transparent Shell in front of my normal Shell and paint on the first one?
Re: Paint over any control without interrupting dnd [message #766522 is a reply to message #766436] Thu, 15 December 2011 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
You might want to check the 4.2 DnDAddon -- it sounds like it does something similar. See

http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt/src/org/eclipse/e4/ui/workbench/addons/dndaddon/
Re: Paint over any control without interrupting dnd [message #766664 is a reply to message #766522] Fri, 16 December 2011 08:20 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis wrote on Thu, 15 December 2011 18:27
You might want to check the 4.2 DnDAddon -- it sounds like it does something similar. See

http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt/src/org/eclipse/e4/ui/workbench/addons/dndaddon/

Thanks, Brian, this looks similar to what I'm currently doing (though I try to make it more lightweight).

Tom
Previous Topic:Offscreen GL Rendering
Next Topic:Hide popup menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:52:23 GMT 2024