Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Model deployment fails due to invalid unicode character(ModelParsingException during deployment on Tomcat/Oracle environment)
Model deployment fails due to invalid unicode character [message #764840] Mon, 12 December 2011 23:44 Go to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi,

I'm using Stardust version 6.0.3 and got the following exception during model deployment. App server is Tomcat 6 with Oracle 10g database.

ag.carnot.workflow.model.ModelParsingException: MDL01009 - IPP model file could not be parsed. See parse error message: 'An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x13) was found in the value of attribute "name" and element is "activity".'.

I searched the model's XML for the "acute accent" character (unicode 13), but nothing abnormal.

What could be the issue?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2011 23:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Model deployment fails due to invalid unicode character [message #764841 is a reply to message #764840] Mon, 12 December 2011 23:47 Go to previous message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Update: I tested again on a setup with a Derby database and the deployment worked fine. So I upgraded Oracle from 10g to 11g and it also showed no problems.

There must be something different in the default encoding settings between Oracle 10g and 11g.

Not going to research this any further right now as I've got a working setup.
Previous Topic:Eclipse start up problem
Next Topic:No Such Method exception org.apache.xml.serializer.ExtendedContentHandler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:15:57 GMT 2024