Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Without FlyoutPalette
Without FlyoutPalette [message #760306] Thu, 01 December 2011 20:03 Go to next message
Rhett Hudson is currently offline Rhett HudsonFriend
Does anyone have any suggestions for disabling the Palette? I don't need it and I'd prefer it not be there as a source of confusion for my users.

I've looked through the source and the palette seems to be pretty deeply embedded in GEF so I understand that it's unlikely that I could make it go away entirely. I'd be satisfied with a solution that just made it start off minimized and prevented it from being opened.
Re: Without FlyoutPalette [message #760380 is a reply to message #760306] Fri, 02 December 2011 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Actually, we implemented this possiblity with Juno M1 for Graphiti 0.9.0,
see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=323354.

In case you want to do it yourself in earlier Graphiti versions: it's really
deeply hidden inside GEF. You will need to change FlyoutPreferences returned
in DiagramEditorInternal.getPalettePreferences to return 8 at
getPaletteState (8 stands for
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.FlyoutPaletteComposite.STATE_HIDDEN which is
private).

HTH,
Michael
Re: Without FlyoutPalette [message #766982 is a reply to message #760380] Fri, 16 December 2011 19:37 Go to previous message
Rhett Hudson is currently offline Rhett HudsonFriend
I upgraded my target platform and got my editor WithoutFlyoutPalette. That works great. I guess the downside for me is that the palette was the mechanism that allowed be to, relatively easily, get down to a point in the code where I could call setMarqueeBehavior(GFMarqueeSelectionTool.BEHAVIOR_NODES_AND_CONNECTIONS) on the default drag tracker. It looks like when the palette is turned off, the default drag tracker is now controlled by DiagramEditPart whose behavior is much harder to change without patching Graphiti itself. Any ideas?
Previous Topic:Drop on shape using IMoveFeature
Next Topic:Marquee Rubberband Color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:20:24 GMT 2024