Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Examples » RCP templates are not available in selection list(When creating a RCP plugin project, no RCP templates are not available in selection list)
RCP templates are not available in selection list [message #758757] Thu, 24 November 2011 13:43
davidwho  is currently offline davidwho Friend
Hi Guys,

I have used eclipse of Java verson and JEE version for several years without any problem. Recently I am trying to try some plugin development and I got some problems at the very beginning.

At first I upgraded my JEE version to RCP version by doing help -> Install New software -> select "Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment" and "Eclipse RCP Plug-in Developer Resources".

Then I used File -> New Project -> Plug-In Project.

I typed in Project Name in the first screen, used the dafault contents of ID, Version, Name, Execution Environment and the default checked check boxes in the second screen. So far so good. But then I got problems in the 3rd screen: there is no RCP related templates available for my selection in the templates list. I can see "Hello, World", "Hello, World Command", "Plug-IN with .....", "RAP....." and so on. But I cannot find any thing related to RCP such as 'Hello RCP, "RCP application with View" and so on as described in the tutorial.

I think maybe the upgrade from JEE version is not correct. So I downloaded the Eclipse fo RCP and RAP developer and tried it again. But I still could not see the RCP templates in the 3rd screen, as attached gif.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

Thank you guys very much!

Davy

Previous Topic:How to work with certificates in Eclipse?
Next Topic:problem in creating simple java project in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:28:51 GMT 2024