Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » project names are not visible in "Project Explorer" window (project names are not visible in "Project Explorer" window in my RCP Application)
project names are not visible in "Project Explorer" window [message #758716] Thu, 24 November 2011 11:06 Go to next message
vinny503 Missing name is currently offline vinny503 Missing nameFriend
Hi All,

In my RCP Application, I added "Project Explorer" window but I see that the project names are not visible even after creating.
Please let me know how do I make it visible ?

Regards,
Vinay
Re: project names are not visible in "Project Explorer" window [message #758798 is a reply to message #758716] Thu, 24 November 2011 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
In the Platform Plugin Developers Guide, in the Common Navigator Framework, there is a section called "Step-by-Step Instructions". Make sure you follow all of those, particularly the part about Usage of Resource Content.

Re: project names are not visible in "Project Explorer" window [message #758977 is a reply to message #758798] Fri, 25 November 2011 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vinny503 Missing name is currently offline vinny503 Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I followed the steps given in the Developers Guide, Now I am able to see the project names in the Project Explorer window, But is it possible to save the xxx.xxx_diagram, so that when I can open the editor by double clicking on it.

Regards,
Vinay
Re: project names are not visible in "Project Explorer" window [message #758979 is a reply to message #758977] Fri, 25 November 2011 13:12 Go to previous message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
Quote:
I followed the steps given in the Developers Guide, Now I am able to see the project names in the Project Explorer window, But is it possible to save the xxx.xxx_diagram, so that when I can open the editor by double clicking on it.

I think that's an issue of associating your resource with an editor which is not related to the CommonNavigator/ProjectExplorer. There is a way to associate file extensions with editors, and also a way to associate specific resources with editors using a persistent property (I don't remember the name of the property). If my reply is not helpful to you, I suggest posting a separate topic for this so that someone else will have a look.

Previous Topic:How to enable File-> Save As... option
Next Topic:How to test whether the active editor part is adaptable to something
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:27:39 GMT 2024