Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Build hangs on synchronized fortran job
Build hangs on synchronized fortran job [message #758592] Wed, 23 November 2011 19:42
benzejaa is currently offline benzejaaFriend
Hello!

This is my first time posting on these boards, so let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place, or providing inadequate information to solve the problem. I've searched around, but I can't find any solution on the web for this problem.

In short:

I'm attempting to run a Synchronized Fortran project, however, every time I attempt to build it, it freezes on "Building Workspace". On the server-side, it actually builds the application, however client-side, it's stuck, and there is no output in console tab. I can't kill the task, and have to resort to killing eclipse.

The long version (in case someone sees a better solution):

I'm trying to develop a Fortran (*shudder*) application, however it has to be developed on the company servers (we use the intel compilers on the server, as well as some libraries, and the program is computationally intensive enough that we need the computing power as well). Our current method for working on this application is with VI, and, while I like VI, there are better tools available for development.

I liked the idea of a synchronized project, so I downloaded the "Eclipse IDE for Parallel Application Developers" as per the Photran instructions. I needed to install the newest versions of "Fortran Developer Tools" and "Remote Developer Tools" in order to get the "Synchronized Fortran Application" option available. Otherwise, I followed the steps in the "Synchronized Projects" helpfile. (which I would link for you here, but apparently I have to post 5 messages before I'm allowed to do that.)

As soon as I created the project, I got the "Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found (/XXX [Output path]), path: [XXX]." error, however it went away on its own.

I then copied the source and makefile into the project folder, hit "refresh", waitied for it to sync, then hit "build" and got the behavior described above.

Help?

Previous Topic:Displaying Tiles and Efficient array population
Next Topic:Eclipse navigator opening in specific project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:47:45 GMT 2024