Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Dependency management during build process
Dependency management during build process [message #758540] Wed, 23 November 2011 15:41 Go to next message
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
I have defined a grammar in which top level elements are "Entities" (so, one entity will be contained in one file). Such an entity can reference other entities (which are of course defined in separate files). If one of these referenced entities change, I would like to regenerate the code of the modified entity AND of the entity which is referencing the modified entity.
This would require that the Xtext builder somehow follows the cross-links and add those referenced entities to the "to be built" list.

How is it possible to achieve something like that ?
Re: Dependency management during build process [message #758578 is a reply to message #758540] Wed, 23 November 2011 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
If your Entities are exported/exposed to the Builder Index through a qualified name, this should be pretty much automagical.

Re: Dependency management during build process [message #758762 is a reply to message #758578] Thu, 24 November 2011 13:50 Go to previous message
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
Thanks for the reply.
I don't understand your answer: my entities are top level elements (each in its own file) and they reference each other using their name.
How can I "export" them to the builder through qualified name ? In my workflow file to generate my grammar I have:

fragment = exporting.QualifiedNamesFragment {}

But still, if I modify an entity file, other Entities which are referencing this Entity are not regenerated.
Previous Topic:[Xtend 2.1]Setting a default output path for the code generator
Next Topic:Errors with a different folder name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:46:26 GMT 2024