Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Errors with a different folder name
Errors with a different folder name [message #757220] Thu, 17 November 2011 08:03 Go to next message
Michael Burkhardt is currently offline Michael BurkhardtFriend
Hello *,

I tried to place a new XText project into diffent folder. This folder is included in my workspace. Running the 'GenerateMyDsl.mwe2' produces a long exception trace

0    [main] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - Problems instantiating module org.xtext.example.mydsl.GenerateMyDsl: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problems instantiating module org.xtext.example.mydsl.GenerateMyDsl: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:35)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.SettingProviderImpl$1$1.setValue(SettingProviderImpl.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalApplyAssignments(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:114)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalSwitch(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalApplyAssignments(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:114)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalSwitch(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.create(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:88)
	... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.SettingProviderImpl$1$1.setValue(SettingProviderImpl.java:54)
	... 30 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.ConfigurationException: The platformUri location '../local.example.mydsl/..' does not exist
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup.setPlatformUri(StandaloneSetup.java:148)
	... 35 more

What could I do now to get different folder names that are not derived from XText project names? ( I'm using Eclipse 3.7.1 with XText 2.1.0 ) My workspace is attached as archive.

Ciao, Micha
Re: Errors with a different folder name [message #757536 is a reply to message #757220] Fri, 18 November 2011 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Goltzsche is currently offline Max GoltzscheFriend
You may search your project for your old folder path with
grep -iR "your/old/Folder"
Re: Errors with a different folder name [message #758779 is a reply to message #757536] Thu, 24 November 2011 14:15 Go to previous message
Michael Burkhardt is currently offline Michael BurkhardtFriend
Hi Max,

after reading some documentation, I got no idea. Secondly I took a look in the sources of 'org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup'. There was an interesting comment. After some tests I re-configured my 'GenerateMyDsl.mwe2' of my given example attached my post before.

I changed a property in the StandaloneSetup bean of the Workflow.

before
platformUri = "${runtimeProject}/.."

after
platformUri = "../.."

The whole workflow got the assumption that the project name is equals to the folder the project is located in. All properties are relative to the workspace (root) folder.

Now, I've got the next exception stack trace.

org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.io.IOException: The path '/../otherfolgername/foo/src-gen/org/xtext/example/mydsl/myDsl/MyDslPackage.java' is unmapped ...

This path points to an absolut location in the file system. '/..' does not exists :-/

Ciao, Micha
Previous Topic:Dependency management during build process
Next Topic:Property Generator.pathRtProject used in two views of the model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:27:03 GMT 2024