Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Relaunching Eclipse RCP Application
Relaunching Eclipse RCP Application [message #756830] Tue, 15 November 2011 10:00 Go to next message
Robert Kujawa is currently offline Robert KujawaFriend
Hi

I couldn't find some valuable information concerning relaunching RCP Application. My problem is that my application after returning code IApplication.EXIT_RELAUNCH terminates and only print command line (which is setting by system properties as a "eclipse.exitdata".
Can anyone can explain me in more details how to relaunch with new command line. (My aim is to change language in application)
Re: Relaunching Eclipse RCP Application [message #756879 is a reply to message #756830] Tue, 15 November 2011 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

EDIT_RELAUNCH only works when launching from the equinox launcher. If you launch using java -jar ... it wouldn't work. I thought Debug had been updated to re-launch an application if it got that exit code, but I'm not sure about that.

PW

Re: Relaunching Eclipse RCP Application [message #756892 is a reply to message #756879] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Kujawa is currently offline Robert KujawaFriend
I switched to run under OSGi runtime, still doesn't work. Maybe I have omitted something?
icon5.gif  Re: Relaunching Eclipse RCP Application [message #1415856 is a reply to message #756892] Wed, 03 September 2014 20:50 Go to previous message
Darrel Karisch is currently offline Darrel KarischFriend
Is there a resolution to this problem?

I'm using Kepler 4.3.2, the debugger is using the launcher org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.

Yet, returning EXIT_RELAUNCH from an IApplication implementation does not relaunch.

eclipse.commands System property is:

-launcher\nC:\\ws\\.metadata\\.plugins\\org.eclipse.pde.core\\.bundle_pool\\eclipse.exe\n
-name\nEclipse\n
-showsplash\n600\n
-product\ncom.xxx.yyy.product\n
-configuration\nfile:C:/APPBASE/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/com.lgc.dsp.base.product/\n
-dev\nfile:C:/ws/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/com.xxx.yyy.product/dev.properties\n
-os\nwin32\n
-ws\nwin32\n
-arch\nx86_64\n
-nl\nen_US\n
-consoleLog\n

Adding "-exitdata arbitrary_value" argument to Debug Configuration Arguments does not help EXIT_RELAUNCH to relaunch the app.

However, it does provoke org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main::setExitData to pass exitdata along to JNIBridge::setExitData rather than merely printing out exitdata and exiting.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2014 18:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Issue with Eclipse hadoop plugin
Next Topic:How to create custom template project in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 18:05:38 GMT 2024