Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » FacesServlet in Snaps makes them invisible to the host?(activating the FacesServlet renders snaps invisible...tips / work arounds perhaps? :))
icon9.gif  FacesServlet in Snaps makes them invisible to the host? [message #756454] Sun, 13 November 2011 14:43 Go to next message
Jochen Szostek is currently offline Jochen SzostekFriend

Hi all,

I've been struggling somewhat with JSF2 + Snaps, and concluded that activating the FacesServlet in a Snap makes it invisible to the host.

I created a small demo that includes a jsf host that detects child snaps, and a child jsf snap that becomes invisible when activating/uncommenting the FacesServlet:
https://github.com/JochenSzostek/FacesServlet.makes.snaps.invisible.to.host

Any thoughts on the issue? Thanks!

Jochen
Re: FacesServlet in Snaps makes them invisible to the host? [message #756861 is a reply to message #756454] Tue, 15 November 2011 11:24 Go to previous message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

Have you been able to get this working without Snaps in the picture, just the JSF2. Next, I'd have a look as to what Faces does with the default servlet/mappings, there might be some conflicts going on that are overwritting the Snaps servlet, remember that the host and all it's snaps are using the same servlet context.

Thanks for linking the code above, it's nice and simple and I can't see anything obvious wrong but I have no idea what will happen when you have a servlet of the same type registered at the same url pattern twice in a servlet context. Can you get it working if you play around with the url mappings?

Apart from that, I'd have to bring your sample down and get it building, then run it in the debugger and see what is going on inside Snaps. So let me know.

Thanks, Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Previous Topic:Can I replace Bundlor with the Maven Bundle plugin in STS?
Next Topic:Why not Jetty 8 in virgo-jetty-server for servlet 3.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:02:00 GMT 2024