Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Add a menu command to a toolbar?
Add a menu command to a toolbar? [message #756266] Fri, 11 November 2011 17:51 Go to next message
Tom  is currently offline Tom Friend
Is there any way to add an EXISTING MENU COMMAND to an EXISTING TOOLBAR in Eclipse 3.7?

All the examples either show you how to hide/unhide existing toolbar items (which is not what I am asking) or are programming examples for people writing Eclipse plugins (which is also not what I am asking.)

It seems like it should be possible to add an existing MENU item (like, say, "Organize Imports" to an existing toolbar. Is the only way to do this by writing a custom toolbar????
Re: Add a menu command to a toolbar? [message #756820 is a reply to message #756266] Tue, 15 November 2011 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
If you want to do it by customizing the menu as a user I guess this will not work. If you want to provide a custom plugin you might be searching for something like this:

plugin.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.4"?>
<plugin>
   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
      <menuContribution
            allPopups="false"
            locationURI="toolbar:org.eclipse.ui.workbench.file?after=additions">
         <command
               commandId="org.eclipse.pde.ui.searchTargetRepositories"
               style="push">
         </command>
      </menuContribution>
   </extension>

</plugin>

This plugin will add the searchTargetRepositories command to the existing file toolbar.
Re: Add a menu command to a toolbar? [message #757004 is a reply to message #756820] Tue, 15 November 2011 22:46 Go to previous message
Tom  is currently offline Tom Friend
Thanks. It seems odd that there's no way to do this from inside the app, but I guess that made sense to someone.
Previous Topic:How can I use EMF/GMF/Xpand to produce objective-c (iphone) code?
Next Topic:JavaFX 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:22:17 GMT 2024