Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » Paho includes message broker?
Paho includes message broker? [message #754742] Fri, 04 November 2011 07:36 Go to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The Paho project proposal is a little unclear about the likely scope of the initial contribution. For instance, what components of IBM Lotus Expeditor micro broker will it include? For instance, will the contribution include a message broker or is it limited to MQTT client libraries?
Re: Paho includes message broker? [message #754769 is a reply to message #754742] Fri, 04 November 2011 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy Piper is currently offline Andy PiperFriend

Hi Glyn. I thought the proposal was reasonably clear about the initial contribution "The initial code contribution to Paho will include Java and C client-side implementations the MQTT protocol, contributed by IBM." ... in the scope section we also mention our intent to include a broker as we move forward. There are freely-available brokers around so this was not an initial priority but clearly it is under discussion as to what Paho should include. I'll blog about this soon but the post on mqtt.org also talks about this which should help clarify.

Developer Advocate | Eclipse Paho project | mqtt.org | andypiper.me
Re: Paho includes message broker? [message #754780 is a reply to message #754769] Fri, 04 November 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Thanks Andy. The word "broker" is not used in the proposal, so perhaps the text could be tweaked?

As you may know, I've used micro broker in the past and it would be great technology to include at some stage.
icon10.gif  Re: Paho includes message broker? [message #755883 is a reply to message #754742] Thu, 10 November 2011 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guo-guang is currently offline guo-guangFriend

Does this project relate or connect to Really Smaller Message Broker project in IBM?
Any cooperation or dependency between Paho and Really Smaller Message Broker?

Re: Paho includes message broker? [message #755887 is a reply to message #755883] Thu, 10 November 2011 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott de Deugd is currently offline Scott de DeugdFriend
The MQTT client code being contributed in this project will work with RSMB but there is no dependency. The client code will work with brokers that support the MQTT protocol.
....Scott
Re: Paho includes message broker? [message #756383 is a reply to message #755887] Sat, 12 November 2011 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner KeilFriend
Scott/Wayne,

Please add me for Eclipse UOMo to the list of interested parties in the Paho
proposal.

- Werner Keil, Eclipse UOMo
should do.

Thanks,
Werner
Re: Paho includes message broker? [message #758253 is a reply to message #756383] Tue, 22 November 2011 13:00 Go to previous message
oohogwash  is currently offline oohogwash Friend

Hi,

I worked with Andy way back when MQTT started and would like to get involved with this.

We made some MQTT bridges for Industrial Controllers in Rockwell.

Since that time a lot has happened, I think I can add some value to the contributors.

Gavan
Previous Topic:error with visual editor plug in
Next Topic:Understanding eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:28:32 GMT 2024