Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Eclipse Server Runtime Environment for Virgo (Jetty) 3.0.1
Eclipse Server Runtime Environment for Virgo (Jetty) 3.0.1 [message #737895] Sat, 15 October 2011 15:49 Go to next message
Mark Elliot is currently offline Mark ElliotFriend
When I attempt to start Virgo Jetty 3.0.1 using the Eclipse Virgo Web Server v2.1 Server Runtime Environment (Server Adapter), the web engine seems to fail to run; in particular, the web admin console is not accessible (no response from the server). When I run manually using the startup.bat script in the bin directory the admin console is accessible.

I don't experience this issue with Virgo Tomcat 3.0.1, but I need to use Jetty to avoid having to go to Servlet 3.0.

- Is there an Eclipse Server Adapter for Virgo Jetty 3.0.1?
- If not, what do I need to do to get Virgo Jetty 3.0.1 running from Eclipse? (for development purposes)
Re: Eclipse Server Runtime Environment for Virgo (Jetty) 3.0.1 [message #738740 is a reply to message #737895] Sun, 16 October 2011 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

The Virgo tooling only supports the Tomcat version of Virgo but it can be made to work by modifying some of the VM args of the server. You need to add jetty.home and have it point to the the jetty directory in your Virgo install. If that doesn't work then check the log file in the serviceability folder and see what errors there are, paste them up here and I should be able to help.

Chris

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Eclipse Server Runtime Environment for Virgo (Jetty) 3.0.1 [message #739859 is a reply to message #738740] Mon, 17 October 2011 23:33 Go to previous message
Mark Elliot is currently offline Mark ElliotFriend
Awesome -- so I added jetty.home and I'm up. Perfect, thanks.

Will the tooling support the Jetty version in the future? Also, it might be nice if the wiki page on tooling indicated in only supports the Tomcat version.
Previous Topic:Uses Violation: Conflicting Packages from Kernel and User Region
Next Topic:Simple WAR (VAADIN) problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:20:04 GMT 2024