Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » Validation errors in Ecore metamodel
Validation errors in Ecore metamodel [message #736076] Thu, 13 October 2011 14:00 Go to next message
Stefan W.Friend
Hi,

I want to create an Ecore meta model of CIM modeling language. (www.dmtf.org/cim)

I have taken the official meta model specification (see attachment, taken from DSP0004, V 2.6.0) of CIM and tried to model it with the Ecore Diagram editor. This has worked fine but when I validate the model I get the following error message:

"A containment reference of a type with a container feature cim::NamedElement::OwningSchema that requires instances to be contained elsewhere cannot be populated"

at 4 different locations (cim::Class::OwnedMethod, cim::Class::OwnedProperty, cim::Method::OwnedParameter, cim::NamedElement::OwnedQualifier).

What does it mean? Is this a bug of the validator or is there something wrong in CIM specification?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
JK-MS-Flip-Flop

Attachment:
index.php/fa/4261/0/
  • Attachment: Metamodel.png
    (Size: 56.17KB, Downloaded 1712 times)
Re: Validation errors in Ecore metamodel [message #895264 is a reply to message #736076] Thu, 12 July 2012 09:47 Go to previous message
Sandra B is currently offline Sandra BFriend
Hi,

I need to use CIM (dmtf.org standards cim) with eclipse but I don't know how to link the CIM´s classes (XML´s files???)in order to do the model in Ecore. The Documentation is not clear, maybe you can help me.

Many Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:JAXB annotation in Ecore
Next Topic:Persisting ecore model in DB takes too long time!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:37:42 GMT 2024