Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » "Cherry pick failed"(problem on my end, or regression?)
"Cherry pick failed" [message #731128] Fri, 30 September 2011 04:17 Go to next message
prusswan is currently offline prusswanFriend
Hi all, recently I discovered that cherry pick mostly fails with a strange error message on Indigo SR1 (with the latest Egit release), at least on my installations. Granted that I don't use it much, I was sure that it was working in the time of Helios.

The error I am getting is simply:

Cherry pick failed
[some file in the commit to be cherry picked] File is modified

The strange thing is that that file (or any other file in that commit rather) has not been modified before in any other commits since the split in the parent branch.
As an isolated commit I fully expect the cherry pick to go through without issue, instead of some unhelpful error being shown.

Just want to find out if others have experienced similar issues, or ways to obtain more detailed error logging..

Update:
I tried a few more combinations, and it does work in a few instances, but mostly it does not (throwing the error described). It is frustrating because I do not have enough information to file a meaningful bug report...

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 18:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Cherry pick failed" [message #731320 is a reply to message #731128] Fri, 30 September 2011 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Cherry-pick works fine for me in Indigo SR1. I'm using the egit 1.2 nightly, not the 1.1 stable, so it's possible there was a breakage in 1.1 that has since been fixed. But I'm pretty sure I did some cherry-picking with 1.1. For sure it worked ok with 1.0 in the first Indigo release.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 16:46]

Re: "Cherry pick failed" [message #1007988 is a reply to message #731320] Fri, 08 February 2013 14:39 Go to previous message
Fabien F. is currently offline Fabien F.Friend
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem.
"Cherry pick failed
[some file in the commit to be cherry picked] File is modified"

Files has not been modified.

In order to do the cherry-pick, i had to delete the file mentioned.

I am using EGit nightly build (2.3.0.201302070023).

EDIT:
it's working when i type git cherry-pick in command line (on windows)

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2013 15:02]

Previous Topic:Synchronize View
Next Topic:Share project moves files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:35:24 GMT 2024