Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Composite Creation(Composite to support Params with Expressions)
Composite Creation [message #726014] Fri, 16 September 2011 12:22 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
I was trying to create the Composite, but some Hints of the composite properties should use dynamic value a.k.a @{ParamName} similar to what we use in creation of Parts

e.g
I have composite called X and it is used in two paces one palace i need to pass the show.label="true" and in another place i want to make the show.label=false.

so in my

first reference A.X i do a include of the composite and in the params section i set a value ShowLabel=false

and in second reference,

first reference B.X i do a include of the composite and in the params section i set a value ShowLabel=true

So ideally when the composite is rendered it should parse @{ShowLabel} which i use in the Hints section show.label as show.label=@{ShowLabel}.

But this is not working, shall we do an enhancement to make it work like Parts references ?

If this not currently supported then I shall raise a enhancement for the same ?

If i have done something wrong to make it not work, please let me know what mistake i have done ?

~Kamesh
Re: Composite Creation [message #726069 is a reply to message #726014] Fri, 16 September 2011 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Parameter substitution is currently only supported in a few places. Go ahead and open bugs if you find places where it doesn't work that are important to your scenarios.

- Konstantin
Re: Composite Creation [message #726094 is a reply to message #726069] Fri, 16 September 2011 14:32 Go to previous message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
I have created a bug 357949
Previous Topic:Suppressing Background Style of TabGroup
Next Topic:Using customCallbacks.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:55:24 GMT 2024