Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » ResourceManager class
ResourceManager class [message #725581] Thu, 15 September 2011 09:22 Go to next message
andiqo  is currently offline andiqo Friend
I would like to be able to not share the generated classes ResourceManager & SWTResourceManager between my different plugins: according to me each plug-ins should indeed manage its own resources. Unfortunately, it is not easy to accomplish as WindowBuilder does not want to generate them if these classes can be found from the classpath (even if the package is not visible by client plugins, from an OSGI point of view).

My situation is as follow :
* my.component.library.jar uses ResourceManager to manage its resources.
* my.code.client1.jar uses my.component.library.jar but also creates its own components and want to manage its own resources (if my.code.client1.jar is stopped, release its resources)

The only way to do it, is copying/pasting ResourceManager & SWTResourceManager from my.component.library.jar. Moreover, being able to specify the package (in preferences) for these classes would be nice too.

Thanks a lot.
++andiqo

Re: ResourceManager class [message #725776 is a reply to message #725581] Thu, 15 September 2011 18:18 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The current WB behavior (e.g., not generating those classes if they already exist on the classpath) is quite intentional and reflects the needs of most developers. As such, the current committer team is not planning to make any changes in this area.

That said, if you want to submit a patch (supported by a new user preference or preferences) that implements the behavior you want, we would be happy to review it.
Previous Topic:wbp-meta folder not in classpath?
Next Topic:Check if opened in design mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:57:16 GMT 2024