Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory
Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory [message #723925] Fri, 09 September 2011 21:11 Go to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-09-09 23:07, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 09 September 2011 13:46
>> Hi Lothar,
>>
>> Why would you ever want to read from a target platform rather than from a p2 repository?
>>
>> - thomas
>
>
> When I create my initial TP it goes forth to multiple p2 sites to gather what I want for my single sourced application.
> That TP is great, except that I need to exclude certain plugins for either the RAP or RCP builds.
> So what I want to do is to create these subset TPs. However I don't want to go and download all the stuff again from the
> p2 sites and rather use what was materialized in the full TP earlier.
>
I would strongly suggest that you use the b3 aggregator for this and create a p2 repository which is an aggregation that
contains what's needed. Then you can use that as input to all your builds instead of a TP. IMO, a TP should be viewed as
a black-boxed build artifact. The plugins that it contains are often unpacked (directories) and it's features are always
unpacked. Further more, there's no meta-data.

- thomas
Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory [message #723934 is a reply to message #723925] Fri, 09 September 2011 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lothar Werzinger is currently offline Lothar WerzingerFriend
Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 09 September 2011 14:11
On 2011-09-09 23:07, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 09 September 2011 13:46
>> Hi Lothar,
>>
>> Why would you ever want to read from a target platform rather than from a p2 repository?
>>
>> - thomas
>
>
> When I create my initial TP it goes forth to multiple p2 sites to gather what I want for my single sourced application.
> That TP is great, except that I need to exclude certain plugins for either the RAP or RCP builds.
> So what I want to do is to create these subset TPs. However I don't want to go and download all the stuff again from the
> p2 sites and rather use what was materialized in the full TP earlier.
>
I would strongly suggest that you use the b3 aggregator for this and create a p2 repository which is an aggregation that
contains what's needed. Then you can use that as input to all your builds instead of a TP. IMO, a TP should be viewed as
a black-boxed build artifact. The plugins that it contains are often unpacked (directories) and it's features are always
unpacked. Further more, there's no meta-data.

- thomas

Is there a tutorial about the b3 aggregator that I can review?
Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory [message #723977 is a reply to message #723934] Sat, 10 September 2011 06:07 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-09-10 00:25, Lothar Werzinger wrote:

> Is there a tutorial about the b3 aggregator that I can review?

You'll find a lot of information here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_b3/aggregator/manual

It covers all options etc. We also have a b3 forum.

- thomas
Previous Topic:How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory
Next Topic:(no subject)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:05:42 GMT 2024