Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Copy Mylyn context to new project
Copy Mylyn context to new project [message #722959] Wed, 07 September 2011 10:04 Go to next message
eclipse is currently offline eclipseFriend
Hi,

I would like to know how I can copy the context build within one Eclipse project to another eclipse project. Often I need to either rename a project or I may have several projects with the same source or I would like to share my context between PC's. Problem is if I rename the project, I loose the context and there are no options to export/copy/transfer the context to other project.

Even if someone can tell me in what file the context is stored on the file system at least I could try and copy and edit the file to give it the credentials of the new project.

Any Idea's guys?

Thanks
Re: Copy Mylyn context to new project [message #723202 is a reply to message #722959] Thu, 08 September 2011 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ducky Sherwood is currently offline Ducky SherwoodFriend
If you go to File->Export->Tasks->Task List and Contexts, you can export your context.

The Mylyn context is saved in the directory
<workspace>/.metadata/.mylyn

I'm not completely sure which files in that directory you need. If this isn't enough to get you started, let me know and I'll go figure it out.

--
Kaitlin Duck Sherwood
Tasktop Support and Services Engineer
Re: Copy Mylyn context to new project [message #800036 is a reply to message #723202] Thu, 16 February 2012 16:03 Go to previous message
simon smith is currently offline simon smithFriend
Hi,

I've had a look at the file you mentioned and there is a collection of different zip file here which contain lots of xml files. I could of course search through these files for the project name and rename them manually but this seems like a real hack!

There must be a better way to do this, as it's something I would imagine would be very useful for a lot of people. Is there a simpler way to do this that I am missing?
Previous Topic:wikitext
Next Topic:Editing task comments and viewing build job output - 2 questions.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:42:58 GMT 2024