Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Exposing Shell's Styles by default
Exposing Shell's Styles by default [message #721070] Wed, 31 August 2011 20:07 Go to next message
Caleb  is currently offline Caleb Friend
It seems that right now when I create an SWT application, I can't change any of the shell's styles from the Designer, until I manually change the call to the shell's constructor and pass it some style bits.

I think it would be much more user friendly if the Layout option was exposed without having to modify code to do it.

I see two ways to do it:
1) Pass a few style bits by default so that it always appears (for example, SHELL_TRIM for Application Windows, and DIALOG_TRIM for dialogs).

2) Leave the call to the shell's default consturctor as it is, but still add a Styles item in the property pane.
I'm not sure if the 2nd option is that good, because when Styles item is empty (it shows "[]") the style bits are set to SWT.NONE, and if it will look the same for the default style it may confuse users.
Re: Exposing Shell's Styles by default [message #721426 is a reply to message #721070] Thu, 01 September 2011 18:03 Go to previous message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Do you want contribute this feature?

2) You can access current (default) value of style using method
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.getStyle()

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:Unable to switch to Design View
Next Topic:Setting orientation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 20:59:20 GMT 2024