Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Freelance plugin development contract(Custom plugin development)
Freelance plugin development contract [message #719034] Thu, 25 August 2011 21:05 Go to next message
Rohit Sethi is currently offline Rohit SethiFriend
Hello, I'm looking for somebody to help us build the plugin which is prototyped here (I'm new so I can't post a link - check out youtube / watch?v=eTFlMDN04xE

This plugin will connect to an SD Elements server, collect a set of security requirements, and display the appropriate requirements dependent on the context the developers are in. Each requirement will have a rule that determines whether or not it should be displayed for the code currently on screen. Valid rule types include:

* File type: what is the type of the current file (e.g. ".jsp", ".java", ".xml")
* Regex: search for a regular expression within a file (e.g. "(auth)*")
* Java-specific:
* instanceof: Is this class an instance-of a particular type? Note this means checking the class and any of its parent classes / interfaces (e.g. extends Servlet, implements ServletFilter)
* imports: does this class import a specific library with wildcard matching? Note this means checking the class and any of its parent classes (e.g. import java.sql.*)
* XML-specific:
* Namespace: Does this XML file include a specific namespace? (e.g. xmlns="blah")

We have the prototype code available, but it's basically garbage built to simply demonstrate the future capability. We need somebody to work with us in an agile manner (i.e. over several iterations) to make this into a real product.

We prefer somebody based in Toronto, Canada and who has experience with plugin development. We need them to start ASAP. We're okay with either full-time work hours or evenings/weekends.
References and previous plugin work required.
Re: Freelance plugin development contract [message #719111 is a reply to message #719034] Fri, 26 August 2011 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Hi Rohit,

I'd be interested in knowing more about the opportunity you advertised on the Jobs newsgroup.

I am not in Toronto though - I am in Victoria. Please find my resume here:

http://the.modelprogrammer.com/?n=Main.Resume

Cheers,

Rafael
Re: Freelance plugin development contract [message #756354 is a reply to message #719034] Sat, 12 November 2011 10:55 Go to previous message
Ravikanth Somayaji is currently offline Ravikanth SomayajiFriend
Hi Rohit,

I've been working on PDE, EMF, XSD, WSDL projects of eclipse. Was part of the team that developed TIBCO Business Studio and now work with opengda.

my profile is at Quote:
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/somayaji

Do let me know if that interests you!

Regards,
Ravi
Previous Topic:Really cool Eclipse plugin project!
Next Topic:Eclipse Plugin developer - Freelance project - Seattle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:28:57 GMT 2024