Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » XDebug ignores my breakpoints
XDebug ignores my breakpoints [message #718885] Thu, 25 August 2011 14:52 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Messages: 17
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
hi, i have a problem debugging with XDebug.
i'm using XAMPP and everything was working fine, then i had to upgrade xampp since i needed the current php version.
after that, everything blow up.

i can debug using xdebug_break(), and this is the my xdebug log

Log opened at 2011-08-25 14:44:01
-> <init xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" fileuri="file:///J:/xampp/htdocs/1.7/index.php" language="PHP" protocol_version="1.0" appid="4776" idekey="ECLIPSE_DBGP"><engine version="2.1.0rc1"><![CDATA[Xdebug]]></engine><author><![CDATA[Derick Rethans]]></author><url><![CDATA[]]></url><copyright><![CDATA[Copyright (c) 2002-2010 by Derick Rethans]]></copyright></init>

<- feature_set -i 575 -n show_hidden -v 1
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="feature_set" transaction_id="575" feature="show_hidden" success="1"></response>

<- feature_set -i 576 -n max_depth -v 3
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="feature_set" transaction_id="576" feature="max_depth" success="1"></response>

<- feature_set -i 577 -n max_children -v 31
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="feature_set" transaction_id="577" feature="max_children" success="1"></response>

<- feature_get -i 578 -n encoding
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="feature_get" transaction_id="578" feature_name="encoding" supported="1"><![CDATA[iso-8859-1]]></response>

<- feature_get -i 579 -n supports_async
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="feature_get" transaction_id="579" feature_name="supports_async" supported="1"><![CDATA[0]]></response>

<- stdout -i 580 -c 1
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="stdout" transaction_id="580" success="1"></response>

<- stderr -i 581 -c 1
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="stderr" transaction_id="581" success="0"></response>

<- breakpoint_set -i 582 -t line -f file:/// -n 21
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="582" id="47760001"></response>

<- run -i 583
-> <stream xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" type="stdout" encoding="base64"><![CDATA[

.... cutted stream part. if you need that i'll repost asap ....


-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="run" transaction_id="583" status="stopping" reason="ok"></response>

<- stop -i 584
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="" command="stop" transaction_id="584" status="stopped" reason="ok"></response>

Log closed at 2011-08-25 14:44:01

this is my php.ini
zend_extension = "J:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"

i'm on windows 7 pro, with php 5.3.5.
as i stated before, everything was working fine!!

any help, please?

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 14:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XDebug ignores my breakpoints [message #718891 is a reply to message #718885] Thu, 25 August 2011 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Messages: 17
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
little update:

using xdebug_break on object doesn't work
infact Eclipse will stop on first line of the anchestor, not at the line i wish!


note to myself: never touch a running system.. -.-
Re: XDebug ignores my breakpoints [message #722467 is a reply to message #718891] Mon, 05 September 2011 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
49r is currently offline 49rFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: September 2011
Junior Member
I'm having what seems to me to be a similar problem. I'm starting from scratch, trying to get Xdebug to work with Eclipse/PHP 5.3. My sysadmin installed PHP 5.3 (had been running 5.2) before I got a chance to try Eclipse/Xdebug with it. I can set breakpoints, but execution just blows right past them. I've done a lot of exploring in webspace and I've tried various things to see if I can get it to work. Thus far, I've had no success, though. I've tried asking (on the U.S. Labor Day holidayl, though) on various IRC channels, including #eclipse and #xdebug (both on freenode), but got no good ideas.

I look forward to seeing what others might suggest here. Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2011 21:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XDebug ignores my breakpoints [message #986061 is a reply to message #718885] Sun, 18 November 2012 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sola Ajiboye is currently offline Sola AjiboyeFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: November 2012
Junior Member
In your php.ini file, set this directive...

report_zend_debug = 1

I hope this help someone?
Re: XDebug ignores my breakpoints [message #991223 is a reply to message #986061] Mon, 17 December 2012 20:53 Go to previous message
Jay Dhaliwal is currently offline Jay DhaliwalFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member

I faced similar issue as well, When I update my local copy of php from php 5.2 to 5.3, even though I changed the setting for xdebug in php.ini it wouldn't work. After numerous tries I gave up. Hopefully I'm going to do a fresh install soon..
Previous Topic:Unsigned Content Warning
Next Topic:Debug Display view functionality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 13:18:20 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02136 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top