Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Unit Testing (Sapphire Models)
Unit Testing [message #715153] Fri, 12 August 2011 14:52 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
Hi,

How do we do the unit testing for the Sapphire Models that we have developed. I tried doing the model testing like what is done for Sapphire Tests but in vain Sad am getting the famous "Class Cant be instantiated" i knew very well that its because of missing model plugins, but in *tests plugin package i have included the required model + sapphire + junit plugins but when I run the "Run as Junit Plugin Test" it failes Crying or Very Sad

when i checked the junit-workspace i see my plugins + sapphire plugins are not loaded.

Not sure what I am missing ?

~Kamesh
Re: Unit Testing [message #715202 is a reply to message #715153] Fri, 12 August 2011 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
It's hard to tell the cause of this problem from this description. If you finding that a plugin (any plugin) not being loaded, there is likely a dependency resolution problem. Perhaps your target platform doesn't contain everything it should. It's been a while since I had to debug such issues, but I think there are some views that PDE provides for listing plugins in a running instance of Eclipse and interrogating their status. So try launching Eclipse in a normal mode (as opposed to for junit run) and then pock around with PDE debugging aids.

- Konstantin
Re: Unit Testing [message #715211 is a reply to message #715202] Fri, 12 August 2011 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the reply and will try doing that but is there any document or pointer that talks about creating target platform ? I guess if I get that document i can mimick the dev-target of Sapphire for my plugin platform too.
Re: Unit Testing [message #715214 is a reply to message #715211] Fri, 12 August 2011 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
There isn't a document that describes this, but a good rule to follow is to put together the target platform in the same manner that you put together an Eclipse install that you are going to use for other purposes.

Start with some base. Then use "Install New Software..." UI to point to a plugin repository. This will run installation through p2 mechanism which will validate and install all the dependencies. If dependencies cannot be resolved, you will be notified about the problems. So you will know then that your install needs work.

This isn't specific to Sapphire...

- Konstantin
Re: Unit Testing [message #715218 is a reply to message #715214] Fri, 12 August 2011 19:40 Go to previous message
yeah i was thinking in same lines, let me try it and keep you posted.
Previous Topic:reinitialization of the model
Next Topic:DerivedValue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:00:01 GMT 2024