Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to identify projects with same name during import before finish press
How to identify projects with same name during import before finish press [message #713144] Mon, 08 August 2011 06:37
atieq.rehman is currently offline atieq.rehmanFriend
i am using eclipse import wizard dialog and having one issue. so thinking a way to override WizardProjectsImportPage functionality in a way that the list of projects that were fetched from the given location should have unique names so that workspace wont give any error while creating projects. currently all projects are listed and on pressing finish it creates project one by one and gives error if a project with same name has already been created... i want to filter out the list of projects with unique name before wizard finishes and start creating projects. may be by reading project.xml to get the project name...

i could figure out the all functionality is done in WizardProjectsImportPage but this if some internal package and discouraged to extend it in any way..

what else could be the way to achieve this target..?

thanks in advance
waiting for any suggestions and recommendations.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2011 06:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Custom Editor Plugin and Build Action
Next Topic:On install plugin not visible in the "Open Perspective" nor "Show View" menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:00:14 GMT 2024