Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] Diagram partitioning
[Eugenia] Diagram partitioning [message #705186] Fri, 29 July 2011 14:43 Go to next message
Aris  is currently offline Aris Friend
Hi,

I am using Eugenia to create my GMF editor and I need to partition my diagram. What I need to do is to create new diagram which is based on the same editing domain (same domain model) when the user double clicks a specific node. I found information in GMF forum and other articles which give instructions on how to do that (which is not trivial and I didn't manage yet to what I need). The question is, did anyone try to do something similar using Eugenia? I would really appreciate if someone share his/her experience with me.

Thanks in advance,

Aris
Re: [Eugenia] Diagram partitioning [message #707296 is a reply to message #705186] Mon, 01 August 2011 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Aris,

There's nothing in Eugenia that would provide direct support for this scenario. Could you perhaps file an enhancement request in the bugzilla and note any relevant articles you've found so far so that we can prioritise this?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [Eugenia] Diagram partitioning [message #716099 is a reply to message #707296] Tue, 16 August 2011 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aris  is currently offline Aris Friend
Hi Dimitris,

I didn't really solve this problem. What I finally did, is to use non synchronized diagrams, which partially solve my problem because despite non synchronized diagrams are supported from GMF, are problematic. In the following link is discussed how this can be done and what cases has the GMF to support in future releases.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF:_Synchronized_Container_Use_Cases

Thanks,

Aris
Re: [Eugenia] Diagram partitioning [message #750589 is a reply to message #716099] Tue, 25 October 2011 21:11 Go to previous message
Jessica is currently offline JessicaFriend
Hi Aris, Dimitris,

I also work with EuGENia, and I have the same problen than you. I need to partition my diagram. Did you solve the problem? I tried to use the example attached in the bug 295271 (sorry I cannot use links yet) but I need more than one concepts which can be used as partitioning subdiagrams. This means, I need to support diagrams of different type (a parent diagram with various subdiagrams), which requires generating multiple sets of gmfxxx files.

Thanks in advance,

Jessica.
Previous Topic:[EVL] EVL only for EMF?!
Next Topic:References to other models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:27:54 GMT 2024