Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EWL] Embed EWL in gmf project
[EWL] Embed EWL in gmf project [message #704455] Thu, 28 July 2011 16:42 Go to next message
Aris  is currently offline Aris Friend
Hi,

I am a new user of this forum. I am currently doing my dissertation which is based on GMF and I am using many epsilon languages and tools (eol, evl, etl, ewl and eugenia).

I use ewl for some in-place model transformation in my diagram. I would like to ask if it's possible to embed the ewl code in my gmf project(and later on in my plugin) because I think is not very user friendly to tell to the end user to add the ewl file in its diagram project that creates with my editor.

Thanks in advance,

Aris
Re: [EWL] Embed EWL in gmf project [message #704979 is a reply to message #704455] Fri, 29 July 2011 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Aris,

You can use the org.eclipse.epsilon.ewl.emf.wizards extension point for this (you'll need to add org.eclipse.epsilon.ewl.emf to the dependencies of your plugin). Please let me know if you'd like additional help with this one.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EWL] Embed EWL in gmf project [message #705167 is a reply to message #704979] Fri, 29 July 2011 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to follow your instructions but is not yet working. I added the dependency you told me and I tried to do something similar to the evl-gmf integration (hxxp://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/evl-gmf-integration/).

Question: The extension org.eclipse.epsilon.ewl.emf.wizards I have to add it in the plugin project that contains the ewl file or in the GMF diagram plugin?

Regards,
Aris
Re: [EWL] Embed EWL in gmf project [message #705202 is a reply to message #705167] Fri, 29 July 2011 15:05 Go to previous message
Hi again,

My problem was fixed!! The problem was that I didn't remove the manually added ewl file as a gmf wizard in my project(initially I added the ewl file in the project folder and I added it as a gmf wizard from the preferences. After I removed that it worked fine). I added the plugin in my project similarly to the instructions of the evl-gmf integration as I referred to my previous reply.

Thanks again,

Aris
Previous Topic:EVL: more do's in one fix?
Next Topic:fully qualified name for a class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 23:18:06 GMT 2024