Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Push to Upstream with confirmation dialog ?
Push to Upstream with confirmation dialog ? [message #699282] Thu, 21 July 2011 09:13 Go to next message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
I'm trying to use egit to have multiple upstreams so I don't have to do push/fetch individually all the time.

But I also don't want push/fetch for *every* upstream to happen every time.

Currently that seem to be the behavior - and I was wondering if there is an option or different workflow somewhere that would bring up a dialog where I can choose which of the possible multiple upstreams there will be pushed/fetched from ?

Re: Push to Upstream with confirmation dialog ? [message #699741 is a reply to message #699282] Fri, 22 July 2011 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Currently such a workflow is not possible. You can however add multiple push URIs to one remote.

So you would like to have a simple dialog where you could choose from your configured remotes?

If you want please open a bug.
Re: Push to Upstream with confirmation dialog ? [message #699782 is a reply to message #699741] Fri, 22 July 2011 09:48 Go to previous message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
Well, my problem is that I can't see what "Upstream" means, i.e. with multiple projects in your workspace remembering what Upstream means is tricky.

Maybe if the UI would actually just show the names of the remote it is pushing too and allow me to confirm instead of just doing it without asking.
Previous Topic:how to start JGIT CLI after installing EGIT in eclipse?
Next Topic:EGit and no-fast-forward merges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:46:42 GMT 2024