Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » how to start JGIT CLI after installing EGIT in eclipse?(newby question)
icon5.gif  how to start JGIT CLI after installing EGIT in eclipse? [message #698637] Tue, 19 July 2011 21:18 Go to next message
Robert  is currently offline Robert Friend
Hi!

I have installed EGIT via eclipse update site (indigo release), client functions are fine.

I would like to start a git daemon using the JGIT command line, however did not find out how to call it.

System is MS Windows (XP), so the "jgit.sh (Self-contained command line executable)" download does not seem to be appropriate. In org.eclipse.jgit-1.0.0.201106090707-r.jar, I did not find a suitable class with main method.

Is there a simple way (preferred: using the eclipse installation) to start a GIT daemon using JGIT, or should I set up msysgit additionally, to start a git daemon?

best regards
Robert
Re: how to start JGIT CLI after installing EGIT in eclipse? [message #699238 is a reply to message #698637] Thu, 21 July 2011 07:05 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
After a maven build you find jgit-cli.jar in org.eclipse.jgit.pgm\target.

You can than call "java -jar jgit-cli.jar daemon --export-all <repo_path>" on the command line.

Stefan
Previous Topic:Can't find EGit settings after install
Next Topic:Push to Upstream with confirmation dialog ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:22:36 GMT 2024