Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Libra » Exporting bundles as deployable plugins seems broken
Exporting bundles as deployable plugins seems broken [message #698525] Tue, 19 July 2011 15:40 Go to next message
Sahoo Missing name is currently offline Sahoo Missing nameFriend
I can't export a Dynamic Web Project with OSGi Bundle facet. I can't make a complete war/jar out of it. I tried to export it as a deployable plugin and it does generate a jar, but the jar does not contain anything from WebContent directory - in other words none of the static contents for the web app become part of the jar that's getting built. Is this working for anyone else?
Re: Exporting bundles as deployable plugins seems broken [message #698531 is a reply to message #698525] Tue, 19 July 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sahoo Missing name is currently offline Sahoo Missing nameFriend
Upon further experimentation I realize if I export it as a war instead of a plugin, it bundles everything correctly. Question is how does one export OSGi bundles that are not WABs.
Re: Exporting bundles as deployable plugins seems broken [message #698933 is a reply to message #698531] Wed, 20 July 2011 13:58 Go to previous message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Sahoo, if you want to export an OSGi Bundle, or a WAB as an OSGi Bundle, then the correct wizard is exactly what you have guessed -- export as deployable plugin. Pay attention that this wizard is part of PDE and it considers the build.properties descriptor when deciding what content will be exported in the JAR. So, make sure all you static content is described in the build.properties file before exporting.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2011 14:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Auto resource refresh on save
Next Topic:No classes from WEB-INF/classes returned by Bundle.getEntryPaths
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:05:41 GMT 2024