Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mercury/javashared/agentloader/AgentBootstrap(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mercury/javashared/agentloader/AgentBootstrap)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mercury/javashared/agentloader/AgentBootstrap [message #695399] Mon, 11 July 2011 16:43 Go to next message
ash_zah is currently offline ash_zahFriend
Hi,

i seem to have a problem opening eclipse.exe, each time i try i get a pop-up message telling me to view the log file, which returns the following:

!SESSION 2011-07-11 15:44:30.045 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20110613-1736
java.version=1.6.0_24
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-07-11 15:44:33.451
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mercury/javashared/agentloader/AgentBootstrap
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:480)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:711)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:95)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mercury.javashared.agentloader.AgentBootstrap
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
...[/size] 17 more

Did a google on this, and it has something to do with the java environment variables: see: //stackoverflow.com/questions/1042824/not-able-to-run-eclipse-application-cant-even-start-eclipse-ide

From my understanding, it has to do with the HP automation tool I have installed on my machine, so following the above thread, I removed the jar file, eclipse opens BUT not cleanly and when attempting to create a new java project, the application is throwing back errors to do with the path and it only generates the sub folder 'src' and not the '.settings' and 'bin' sub-folders.

i have the latest java jre and jdk files installed on my machine.

Is there a way around this without having to uninstall HP QTP please?

thank you.
Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mercury/javashared/agentloader/AgentBootstrap [message #1802611 is a reply to message #695399] Tue, 12 February 2019 19:00 Go to previous message
Prasad KH is currently offline Prasad KHFriend
Hi,
I have joined the forum/foundation today only and observed the error recently.

You need to initiate the installation of the same mercury tool (ie QTP or UFT) which ever you installed. Then choose the "Repair" option and complete repairing the installation and configurations.
Observe your ECLIPSE shortcut on desktop will also be available.

Now, relaunch ECLIPSE, it will be launched without any error or issue.

The above may be one among the solutions till I see your system.

Previous Topic:Best Java programming software? My teacher told me to use Notepad++
Next Topic:After Restart projects missing!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:40:39 GMT 2024