Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » popupMenus extension plugin problem
popupMenus extension plugin problem [message #695217] Mon, 11 July 2011 09:50 Go to next message
vincent988923 is currently offline vincent988923Friend
I have a strange problem in GMF. I wand to add a popupMenus plugin so that it will show up an item Change/Name in the context menu. I hope that it will show up only when I right click in the plain region of the diagram. But right now the "CHANGE" item also comes out when I right click any node ,without the NAME selection. I don't know how to deal with the objectClass attribute. I have tried some solutions, but they don't work for me. And sometimes, it has an exception called !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0, and the Name item doesn't show up. What I do in the plugin.xml are like:

<extension
        point="org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus">
  <objectContribution
        adaptable="false"
        id="com.example.custom.objectContribution.ActivityEditPart"
        objectClass="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.IGraphicalEditPart">
     <menu
           id="BMAChange"
           label="&amp;Change"
           path="additions">
        <separator name="group1"/>
     </menu>
     <action
           class="rdp.test.ChangeActivityNameAction"
           enablesFor="+"
           id="com.example.diagram.popup.ChangeActivityNameAction"
           label="&amp;Name"
           menubarPath="BMAChange/group1"/>
  </objectContribution>
</extension>
</plugin>

I'm appreciated for your answers.

Vincent
Re: popupMenus extension plugin problem [message #723225 is a reply to message #695217] Thu, 08 September 2011 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chavi   is currently offline chavi Friend
Did you have solved your problem?You are creating Right click menu for components(Figure).Can you please tell me that how are you getting instances of every component.I mean if i drag rectangular three times then i get different xmi:id="some numbers" for every instance of component.Can you please tell me that how can i fetch this id programmatic or Can you please explain that how are you handling your right click selection event.
Thanks in advance
Re: popupMenus extension plugin problem [message #723289 is a reply to message #723225] Thu, 08 September 2011 08:58 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi vincent,

your problem is that you register the context menu to all EditParts by using: Quote:
objectClass="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.IGraphicalEditPart
You might replace this with the qualified name of you xxxDiagramEditpart. Then it will be visible only if you click on the canvas.

Ralph
Previous Topic:Creating Custom Palette and Exporting it into a plugin
Next Topic:Custom command to custom palette item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:10:50 GMT 2024